Sheet metal manufacturing is a series process to make a product from metal sheets of thin thickness. Sheet metal fabrication is to make metal shells, boxes, racks, cabinets, chassis from metal sheet T=0.5mm~5mm. A wide range of products are manufactured with the use of sheet metal making it an essential part of the modern world.Sheet metal varies in thickness, ByTune is able to work for 0.5--5mm sheets.
Speaking of material, sheet metal fabrication mainly applies sheets including SPCC, SHCC, SECC, SGCC, copper plates, aluminum plate(6061,6063,5052,1020,etc), aluminum extrusion and stainless steel.
Different materials with different specifications as follows:
1,Steel plate cold-rolled(SPCC).Mainly used for part need painted or electro-plating, cheap and easy to work, thickness usually no more than 3.2mm;
2.Hot rolled steel(SHCC).T≥3.0mm,treated with spraying or electro plating as SPCC, and cheap, but difficult to work, mainly for flat parts;
3. Electro or Galvanized steel (SECC/SGCC).SECC includes N and P type, the former is usually with no surface treatment, high cost, while the latter mainly for spraying parts;
4. Copper plate. Mainly applied for electricity conducting function, surface treated with chrome or nickle plating, or without any finish, the cost is a little high;
5. Aluminum plate. Usually treated with chromate, anodize (conductive anodizing or chemical anodizing), silver or nickle plating cost is high;
6. Aluminum extrusion. Aluminum extrusion are with complex structure from side view, is widely applied in different kinds of electronic equipments, its surface can be treated as what aluminum plates do;
7. Stainless steel sheet. Always with no any surface treatment, high cost.
The above are the main material types used in sheet metal fabrication, understanding the specifications of every material can help us choose the most suitable material for different projects demands, and the cost must be taken into consideration when making choice. Once an order released on the system, ByTune professional engineers will work out necessary drawings which includes unfolding drawing, bending drawing and welding drawing, base on clients’ parts and assembly drawings.
When you order sheet metal structures, the appropriate sheet metals are then cut, bent or assembled to suit your needs. Whether you require parts with corrosion resistance, enhanced strength or a silvery polish, there is a common metal and fabrication process to suit your specifications. No matter what your requirements might be for your particular application ByTune will find the perfect sheet metal for your project.