Standard fasteners in stainless steel parts usually consist of 12 types of parts, which are described in the following 5 categories:
1. Bolts: A class of fasteners consisting of a head and a screw (a cylindrical body with an outer thread) that is fitted with a nut for fastening the two parts with a pass hole. This form of connection is called Bolt connection. If the nut is bolted from the bolt, the two parts can be separated, so the bolt connection is a detachable connection.
2. Stud: A type of fastener with no head and only two-sided thread. When connected, one end of it must be screwed into a part with an inner threaded hole, the other end through a part with a pass hole, and then screw the nut, even if the two parts are fastened together into a whole. This form of connection is called a stud connection and is also a detachable connection. Mainly used for connecting parts of one of the larger thickness, the requirements of compact structure, or due to frequent demolition, the use of bolts is not suitable occasions.
3. Screws: Also consists of the head and screw two parts of a class of fasteners, by use can be divided into three categories: machine screws, tightening screws and special-purpose screws. The machine screws are mainly used for a fastening thread hole parts, the fastening connection between a part with a pass hole does not require the nut to fit (this form is called a screw connection, also belongs to a detachable connection, and can be matched with a nut for fastening the connection between two parts with a pass hole.) ) The tightening screws are mainly used to fix the relative position between two parts. Special purpose screws are used for hoisting parts, for example, a lifting screw.
4. Stainless Steel nut: With internal thread hole, the shape is generally presented as flat hexagonal column, also has a flat square column or flat cylindrical shape, with bolts, stud or machine screws, used to fasten the connection of two parts, so that it becomes a whole.
5. Self-tapping screws: similar to machine screws, but the screw thread is a special thread for tapping screws. Used for fastening two thin metal components to make it a whole, the component needs to be made in advance small holes, because the screws have a higher hardness, you can directly into the hole in the component, so that the formation of a response in the internal thread. This form of connection is also a detachable connection.